Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2007/10/30

Exclaiming "Mea Culpa! Mea Maxima Culpa!" ...

On Thursday, I said I would do one chapter a week.

On Friday, I said I'd do Chapter Two over the weekend.

On Monday, I failed to do anything.

I am in a state of sucking wildly. Suckety Suck Suck Suck.

At least I admit it.

And I'm putting the book on my desk right now.

But I'll mention two things.

First, there's a Perl program that replaces the "READY" text on your office's big HP printer. It is easily adaptable to, for example, take a string of weather information pulled from Weather Underground or whatever source you choose. The author chose Geo::METAR , but I found that too verbose for my purposes. And I am considering creating a module for HP Printer Job Language communication. It'd be my entry into CPAN!

Second, A post on O'ReillyNet brings up an interesting question relating to database inquiries and, as it turns out, a weakness in Perl's sleep. Well, limitation, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment