Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2007/12/14

Talkin' All That ... Rock ...

The Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame has the new list of inductees out.


  • Leonard Cohen
  • The Dave Clark Five
  • Madonna
  • John Mellencamp
  • The Ventures
  • Little Walter (sideman category)
  • Gamble & Huff (non-performer category)


Gamble & Huff? TSOP! Yeah. Little Walter? Blues, but 'bout time. John Mellencamp? That'll work. Madonna? If we have to. The Ventures? I'm surprised that people who aren't me remember the Ventures, but yay.

But Leonard Cohen? The Dave Clark Five?

I say this as a fan: Leonard Cohen has no Elvis in him. He's folkie who eventually bought an 80s Casio that sounds every bit as cheesy as an 80s Casio should. With a voice that brings women to their knees in waves of pure pleasure. Rock is something he does not do.

And someone has to explain the inclusion of the Dave Clark Five, because I just don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete